Seven things the LORD hates.
Hate: to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest.
Hate is such a strong word, yet the Bible tells us in Proverbs 6:16-19 “These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
1. A proud look,
• Am I in competition with others or look down on them?
2. A lying tongue,
3. Hands that shed innocent blood,
4. A heart that devises wicked plans,
5. Feet that are swift in running to evil.”
6. A false witness who speaks lies,
Proverbs 10:18, “He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.”
7. And one who sows discord among brethren.
Let us seek to rid our lives of these things and “HATE WHAT GOD HATES”.
Thank you Andria Thompson for putting this together, visit her at http://andriathompson.wordpress.com/2010/04/12/seven-things-the-lord-hates/